Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fresh cuts

These Fresh cut note cards have to be one of the quickest simplest ways to make a card for a gift, a birthday, thank you or even invitations.
With this one I have cut a piece of sahara sand cardstock and stamped the fresh cuts stamp in close to cocoa, and then attached it with double sided tape so that the image is showing through the die cut flower on the front.
I have punched a stylish edge to my card with the eyelet scallop edge punch, then distressed the edge of the white cardstock by tearing and roughing it up with my finger nail.
And then I added a ribbon. At first, (top photo) I have tried the satin cream and kiwi kiss ribbon (because I love how satiny smooth it is ) then tried a piece of choc chip grosgrain ... I like them both.
The centre flower is the fresh cut stamp on textured choc chip cardstock cut out and attached with a silver brad to the centre of the die cut flower.
The sentiment is from the stampset: A little birthday cheer.
Open the card and I have used the stem sayings happy birthday to decorate the inside and there is that gorgous vanilla satin silk ribbon showing.


I have another one that I made with patterned paper but I am thinking of keeping it for a special birthday card next month so I will keep it under wraps until then.

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, I had this set out and the note cards today, trying to figure out idead, and here you are posting. I knew I should have checked the blogs. LOL Thanks for posting. I love what you did. Of course I gave up and put it all away. :( Well You have lots of great ideas. Hsppy Stamping
    Teri

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: