Monday, December 23, 2013

Tag a bag gift boxing


Last days before Christmas... Shopping, end of year get togethers, coffee and catch ups with friends, going to the beach for a swim in the evenings. 
And in our house hand making gifts for teachers, friends and family.
Yesterday I visited one of my favourite crafting friends. 
I made her a simply decorated box from page 158 of the annual catalogue. They're food safe so you can package biscuits, ginger bread, lollies, cupcakes or chocolate in them.
I took my decorating inspiration from page 180 of the AC. But instead of stamping hexagons on the acetate sleeve I ran it through my big shot using the hexagon honeycomb patterned embossing folder.
It was so simple to decorate with cherry cobbler and silver ribbon with a gift tag. I did stamp some white staton ink hexagons from my undefined stampset for decoration.
Inside is some chocolate, coffee and tea bags and a velum paper lantern to hang
on the tree. I will show you that on a separate post.
Here's the same box I made for Jess's teacher.
I placed a piece of Wisteria Wonder cardstock under the embossed acetate wrapping it with ribbon and a gift tag. This is the time of year for gifting. I love making individual gifts for friends and family. Inside the calico bag is an ink spot and two stamps for the teacher. Stamps a teacher might use like "You rock" !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: