Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Butterfly prints in a sweet cup card

This is one of my favourites from the new Summer mini catalogue. There are three different butterfly stamps and they fit perfectly into the butterfly punch. They make interesting shadows on the cardstock when raised off the surface.
I have punche out a "shadow" in black cardstock and then stamped the images on Passionate pink cardstock with black ink. The centres are just a very thin strip of cardstock wrapped around both pieces and attached behind with adhesive. This allows the wings to flutter above the card.
Inside the sweet cup is a velum butterfly punched out with my new butterfly punch. Then I have touched all the edges of the velum with the 2-way-glue pen and covered it with pink superfine glitter. For extra sparkle I have placed loose blue chunky glitter in the cup.
The word stamp that comes with this set says:
I have stamped this on the Taken with Teal cardstock in black Stazon ink.
Products used to make this card:
Stampset: Butterfly prints (Summer mini catalogue) $25.95
Butterfly punch $30.95
Sweet cups (12) $6.50
1 3/4" circle punch $30.95
Cardstock: Taken with Teal, Basic black, Kiwi Kiss, Pink Passion.
Ink: Black stazon.
Velum cardstock, 2 way glue pen, superfine and chunky glitters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: