Saturday, December 19, 2009

Old Olive Season of Joy with snow swirls

Christmas is fast approaching ... which means we only have another week to share our Christmas card creations. This one combines Season of Joy with the gorgous snow swirled set.
Here you can see I have first stamped the old olive card with the snow flakes from the snow swirled set then placed a sheet of acetate (aka clear transparency) on top holding it in place with four silver brads.
The bow is Old olive wide grosgrain tied and placed on the transparency with a few mini glue dots. And the oval scallop is also stuck down with the glue dots. They wont come off the transparency I've tried.
Clear "window sheets" as they are also known are a bit tricky to photograph ... too much reflection. So I have taken this one outside into the shade, propped up on one of my very dry and tired out cacti plants. I think it's flowering as a last attempt at survival in this cruel hot weather.
Products used to make this card:
Stampsets: Snow swirled, Season of Joy.
Cardstock: Old Olive, clear window sheets (acetate), whisper white.
Ink: Cotton white stazon, Old olive Classic ink.
Accessories: silver brads, oval scallop punch, Old olive wide grosgrain ribbon,
Mini glue dots.
Enjoy...

2 comments:

  1. Great use of the window sheet, Nerida - I'm so glad you liked them! - Elizabeth B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Elizabeth, They were such a lovely gift. And thank you for my DIY pretties christmas decoration it is hanging in my dining room and has received compliments too.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: