Saturday, June 11, 2011

Elite challenges - SC44 and Misty Razzleberries.

Over at the Elite challenges site, Carol has set us some new Sketch, Stamp and colour challenges.
It is so long since I have attempted one of these challenges -
The First challenge is a colour challenge: Misty Razzleberries.
Rich Razzleberry, Marina Mist and Old Olive.
I really love these colours together, I just had to play and combine some of my new products from the current Mini catalogue.
 The sketch is from the card on page 16
 of the Autumn Winter mini catalogue.
 Using the Framed tulips embossing folder with the gorgeous new Bevelled windowpanes.
These are acrylic frames that highlight an image or patterned paper with punched ribbon holes on either side for threading. I have adhered the ribbon to the card with snail adhesive and let the ribbon anchor the window pane to the page. (No glue dots, nothing!)
 I've used another of my all time favourite techniques:
Heat embossing with Stampin' Up!'s Gold embossing powder.
 The words are from the stampset: You're a Gem and the crown is from Artistic Etchings, when I saw the words to this "Queen for a day" it just begged the crown to go with it.
Then I added two "all a flutter" butterflies in gold embossing onto the Rich Razzleberry layer.
 The other stampset, that I just can't seem to do with out is the "French Foliage" stampset (also in the Autumn Winter mini) the mud splatters and script stamps are great texture for making a blank piece of cardstock look old and vintage, or just interesting to look at... enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: