Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Pear Pizzazz Pendant Park with a mother of Pearl Shimmer

This is a really pretty technique called mother of pearl.
 It works best on glossy white cardstock and makes a soft mottled background with a gloss and texture that looks like mother of pearl.
On this card I have used the platinum shimmer paint.
Elsewhere you will see this technique using Frost white shimmer paint. But I like this effect which looks a little like silver clouds behind the pendant park tree.
 I really like Pear pizzazz as it goes beautifully with Certainly celery taffeta ribbon.
The tree is stamped in black stazon so that it stands out against the silver platinum shimmer paint.
I think this one is appropriate for a sympathy card, or a get well card, or even just a card to a friend.
*    *    *
I am still taking orders for my ribbon shares in 1cm taffetta and 2.3cm wide striped grosgrain.
So phone or email if you'd like to go in this share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: