Friday, May 21, 2010

Medallions in Close to Cocoa and Creamy caramel




The Medallion stamp is a new stamp from the Autumn min catalogue that I just can not do without now. There are lots of techniqaues you can do with it.
This is a version of the Kissing technique. To me it looks a bit like carved wood work. Not that I intended it to look like that. In stamping there are always happy surprises.
Here is a close up of the caramel coloured impression with the close to cocoa wheeled image over the top of it. Thats all I did. Inked the rubber up with caramel ink then wheeled my "very vintage" wheel over the rubber in close to cocoa ink and stamped it on whisper white cardstock.

The sentiment is stamped on a Big shot Lots of Tags die cut, sponged around the edges and raised on dimensional adhesive. The sumptuous ribbon is chocolate chip tafetta.
I made a second version of this card:
(as you do when you are enjoying yourself).
With the happy birthday from Teeny Tiny sentiments stampset.
And attached it to another of the "lots of tags" die cut shapes.
Card Recipe:
Stampsets: Medallion ($33.95)
Teeny tiny sentiments ($46.95 in clear mount)
Cardstock: Whisper white, close to cocoa.
Ink: Creamy caramel, close to cocoa.
Tools: Big shot machine, Sizzlits - Lots of tags die cut ($39.95)
Word window punch, sponge, Tafetta ribbon and chocolate chip textured cardstock, cotton thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: