Monday, May 10, 2010

Quilting with the Big shot - Top note template.

Quilting with paper ... or should I call that Faux-Quilting?
Fake it until you make it they say...  I will be faking it for quite a while, since I have no intention of making a quilt in the near future. Just cards and scrapbooking at this stage.
Isn't this just a gorgous technique to put on a card?
How is it done?
The squares are cut out from patterned paper
 ( I've used the Cottage Wall double sided paper punched out with my large square punch).
I've glued 12 squares onto cardstock and run it through my fabulous Big shot machine with the Top-note template that cuts and embosses the "stitching" around the edge, at the same time.
Now it just comes down to decorating and accessorising the quilted sauare:
The little bird is punched out of the same paper and she is holding the tag below.
Just for you ... raised on dimensional adhesives for height and the button is from the in-colour Designer button collection holding down a white tafetta ribbon (attached with my favourite mini glue dots).
The base card is Orchid opulence (one of my favourite purples).
Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ive been into cardmaking on an a4 card lately. Thanks for the ideas! Its a great help!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: