Tuesday, November 09, 2010

ATC swap - Metallic cardstock and Artistic Etchings

 Every other month I join in an Elite team Technique swap.
We use ATC size cards to demonstrate a particular stamping technique.
What's an ATC? An Artist Trading card.
Its about the size of a child's football card you know the collections of cards your brother swapped and they fit nicely into a plastic sleave folder to show different techniques.
 This month's technique was metallic and shimmer techniques.
I chose to use the silver metallic paper that stampin' up have in 3 colours: gold, silver and copper.
Mainly because at the time of preparing for the swap I didnt have my shimmer paints yet.
So to make these I stamped Stazon black ink, whisper white craft ink and Concord crush Classic ink onto the metallic cardstock using the Artistic Etchings stampset.
I sponged the edges with Marina Mist ink and tied some Marina Mist tafetta ribbon around the bottom.
After I took these photos my shimmer paint arrived and I managed to sponge with a sponge dauber abit of Platinum shimmer mist around the outside.
Later I will show you the cards I recieved in the swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: