Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Topnote Gift Voucher card

A friend recently had 12 gift card vouchers she needed to make... so we came up with a cute little solution using the Top note die - making it into a  gift card holder.
The Big shot machine makes cutting these out so simple. You get the die cut shape and the stitching detail perforation in the same die cut. The Top note is an exclusive die cut that is only available throught Stampin' Up.
 For variety I used a few different textured embossing folders: Petals a plenty, Perfect Polka dot and then I cut out a few more using a new embossing folder from the Summer mini called Square lattice
***
 I like to play with a variety of punches and just by changing the stampset and orientation you can make them all slightly different. On the next one I cut out an ornament punch, tied it with the Mistle toe taffeta ribbon and added some sponging.
I have stuck to Old olive and whisper white and used the Joy of Christmas stampset with the words from Winter Post stampset for a different look again.
Different card ...same ideas, I have daubed the tree and sentiment with shimmer paint.
It makes the Very vanilla cardstock look quite pearl-escent. (I think that's a word).
 Open the card and you will find that I have fitted my "gift card" into the inside with a slit punch... You can also see the ribbon poking through the two holes I punched in the front.
 I love how the texture on the inside is the reverse of the front but gives quite a different effect.
Gift card Recipe:
Cardstock in Real Red, Whisper white and Always Artichoke.
Big shot machine, Top note die, Textured embossing folders.
Christmas stampsets: Season of Joy, Delightful decorations, Winter Post.
Circle punches: 3/4", the 1" and 1 1/4" circles.
Designer Label punch, Curly label punch (for layering)
Slit punch (now retired)
Ornament punch, and Mistletoe ribbon bundle (only on offer until 30 November). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: