Friday, November 05, 2010

Embosslit butterflies with Beautiful vellum Wings

I haven't used much vellum lately, so I pulled out a piece and got busy with making embellishments for the gift box I showed you yesterday and some beautiful butterflies, numbers and frames.
I love how vellum is both opaque and semi transparent. Perfect for wings and and flimsy things!
I needed an elegant birthday card for a friend who was turning fifty.
It needed to be: elegant and pretty but not overly so.
Not sure if it met it's mark but I was careful to keep it monotone and with lots of feminine elements.
 The butterflies are two layers: one of whisper white cardstock, stamped with the elements of style flowers (watercoloured in Rich razzleberry and a touch of pear pizazz ink).
The second layer is my embosslit "beautiful wings" butterfly ... sigh... how clever is this Big shot machine to both cut and emboss at the same time.
The edges of the wings and the indented embossing is touched with white shimmer paint.
The card base is of course: Rich Razzleberry cardstock put through the ever handy and useful Big shot machine to give that textured swirly background. The embossing folder is called Elegant lines.
I ummed and arrred about the fifty!!! put it on, no take it off, too much, too old...
Then decided you only get to give a fifty card ocasionally so, why not?
I did the numbers in soft vellum using the Timeless type alphabet and numbers and softened it further with some rhinestone stick on jewells, some shimmer paint, a piece of organza ribbon and the eyelet border punch.
Movie watched today: The Notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: