Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rustic rooster gets a challenge.

Over at The Elite challenges blog the November stamping challenges are up ... so over the weekend I put a stampset together that I haven't used and put it to the test.
The Colour challenge is to use chocolate chip, always artichoke, riding hood red and mellow moss.
This was a fun card to make - i have only used one stampset.
Which comes with this lovely detailed feathered rooster (very french styling). It also has it's own background stamp (not unlike the french script and enfrancais background stamps), only more rustic.The Paris 20, 1898 postage stamp is very cute and authentic looking which here I have stamped and punched out to place inside a build-a-brad. And if you know me, you know I like flourishes, so this fanciful flowery flourish is just me to a tea. Finally to keep with the rustic theme I have distressed the edges of the riding hood red cardstock and one edge of the Always Artichoke cardstock. I have created a cardstock "washer" with a jumbo eyelet to thread the ribbon through. I guess this could be a masculine card for a birthday or any occasion since I have only to add a sentiment when I decide who it is for.Materials used to make this card:
Stampset: Rustic rooster (free hostess set with a qualifying order).
Cardstock: Chocolate chip, always artichoke, Riding hood red, whisper white.
Ink: riding hood red, mellow moss, chocolate chip.
Other: Choc chip double stitched grosgrain ribbon, crop a dile, pewter jumbo eyelet, 1.3cm and 2.5cm circle punches, cutter kit to distress the edges, but a fingernail will work just as well.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: