Monday, August 09, 2010

In Sydney for a couple of days of relaxation and adventuring...

Long name for a scrapbook page ... .
 I still haven't quite worked out the difference between a photo album and a scrapbook yet,
but that's fine... I just have to learn to take less photos or take a less photogenic sweet child next time I go on holidays... 
The first Page shows gorgeous Jess getting aquainted with our hotel room at the Old Sydney Holiday Inn. It is an old converted wharehouse with heaps of character and lots of natural light in all the rooms and the huge atrium inside.
On the Roof top of the hotel is the swimming pool, spa and sauna... Jess took teddy with her for a bit of R&R while we checked out the city views. That's the harbour bridge and the Opera house to the right.
That sunshine in the middle of winter was beautiful, we could have hung around all day.
But, the city shops and sights were beckoning...
and we had to go adventuring:
Can you remember when you were a kid and found a sign with your name on it?
It didn't ever happen for me until I went to Nerida street, Chatswood.
But Jessie has a garden named after her!
We discovered the Jessie street garden in the city and she was over the moon.
Ok, the stamping is minimal on these pages... I have used the big shot Timeless type alphabet to do my titling (the set contains both upper and lower case alphabets) and the Lots of Tags die for the "a few days of relaxation..." The hearts are punched with my small heart punch - it makes a cute border with great contrast against the Pacific Point textured cardstock.
I think what I like about this alphabet is that it makes me think of a magezine font ... now all I have to do is come up with some better titles for my scrapbook pages.
Stampset: Frames with a flourish
Cardstock: Textured 12x12 Pacific Point and Kiwi kiss, whisper white smooth.
Ink: Basic Black Stazon and marker pen.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nerida, these scrapbook pages really highlight the fun it looked like you all had, now i want to go away for a weekend.Jessie is so cute and adorable.FelicityH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Felicity, We won the two nights accomodation as a lucky door prize and had to take it before the 30 June. It is so lovely to go somewhere special with your family and just have fun together.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: