Tuesday, June 04, 2013

My Convention swap cards

 
 This year I only made ten cards to swap at Convention. With 700 women who are potential friends to swap with I swapped mostly with people I know. I used a design I'd come up with using my favourite technique at the moment called thumping with markers.
 No two of my cards ever turn out the same especially with the thumping marker technique, I love how the colours flicker on the Swallowtail butterfly stamp.
Then I stepped it up by creating a 3D effect with layering a second butterfly wing on top. Time consuming but worth it! Really love these colours together: Elegant eggplant, Island Indigo and Gumball Green with a touch of Wisteria Wonder.
Here are some of the swap cards I received - I am so pleased to share these with you. I always enjoy the personal touch stampers have when they share how they made their card and what they feel about it.
 Karen Pinkerton - How gorgeous is this red glimmer paper dress contrasting with the black Stippled blossoms? And the scallopped edgelit behind is just a lovely touch.
 Michelle Walker - I love the Everything Eleanor blossoms in Soft Suede against the patterned Poetry paper. And the sentiment is also one of my favourites.
 Vanessa Webb has created a hybrid card using My digital studio - Isnt it professional and effective?
And on the other side is the handmade hand stamped tag with a bottle top embellishment.
I might prefer the handmade side, but if you were making invitations or thank you cards in large numbers the My digital studio is definitely a contender ... I am going to try these out, perhaps for business cards and Thank you cards!
Tanya Mulhall - using Secret Garden and the Curly label punches works so well with the delicate lace design at the bottom, so pretty!
 Michelle Johnstone silver heat embossed her swallowtail and used a Designer builder brad from page 12 of the Season Catalogue. (retires on 30 June!!!)
 Anne Farrar shared this great colour chart showing the different effects you can get with two step stamping the Stipple Rose.
Cheere Robinson - Take a close look the Lattice die cut in Timeless Portrait Fabric. This really looks stunnning against the Pretty in Pink Cardstock. (The fabric and Pretty in Pink are retiring at the end of June).
More to show you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: