Saturday, March 01, 2014

Retro Fresh washi tape and grunge

Our online group the inksomniacs have had a challenge going all month to create a project inspired by the  Retro Fresh colours: Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana, Very vanilla and Baked brown sugar.
This is my creation:-
I started with a base of vanilla cardstock and stamped the gorgeous grunge splatters randomly over the card using Baked brown sugar, Tangerine Tango and Coastal Cabana.
Added some pieces of washi tape from the retro fresh suite.
Then I made a quick tag using the Scalloped tag topper punch and a piece of 5.1cm wide vanilla cardstock. 
I've stamped the arrows and sunglasses details with the "Make Note" rotary stamp. It's so cool and ahhh retro! 
Some more washi tape and a piece of stretch ruffled ribbon to tie the tag. But when I put the tag on the card it was covering too much of my gorgeous washi tape back ground.
So I punched out an itty bitty butterfly and a Petite Petal flower so you can see the patterned tape peeking through.
The Petite Petals come as part of a bundle that gives you 15% off when you buy the stamp and punch together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: