Monday, November 10, 2008

Embossing JOY!!!!

This week I have officially given up my day job (for twelve months) to look after my daughter and fullfill all of the more important roles in my life. Like being a volunteer at my daughter's school for reading and in the community as a breastfeeding counsellor ...

And in my spare time I am going to make a few cards and scrapbook and drink cups of tea and coffee with my friends ... sounds like a good deal?
I thought so.

Enough chat! This is a beautiful card I made with a friend on the weekend.
We cased a card but made it in different colours - it was fairly quick and easy as far as embossing cards go and used the "season of joy" stampset. The other stampset is "Scribble this" (for the embossed swirls).

The cardstock is Purely pomegranate, Very Vanilla and Always Artichoke.
Ink: Versamark. With Gold embossing powder for the scribbled swirls.
Love how this gold just makes the card look so rich and warm.


Going on to the next step: same design, same stamps different cardstock combination.
Is Merry Christmas from Season of Joy stamped in purely pomegranate ink on white cardstock. Matted on chocolate chip and purely pomegranate cardstock and, "Scribble this" swirls were stamped and embossed over the 3 layers.

I wouldn't have thought of using pomegranate and chocolate chip together, especially for a christmas card but sometimes the colours just come together of their own accord ... I think our original inspiration was Bravo burgundy ... I think pomegranate is much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: