Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Very Merry masked bauble gift card holder.

A Bit of an odd title but that is the readers digest description for this card.


I haven't made a christmas bauble card yet so this is my attempt.

Cardstock used is: Always artichoke and Very vanilla.
Ink: Almost amethyst, Elegant eggplant, Perfect plum, Rose Red (inside).
Ribbon: Elegant eggplant

When closed the ribbon bow keeps the card shut by overlapping the scalloped edge (which I have made with the corner rounder with the guard removed). The bauble was masked by punching out a 2" (that's 5 cm) circle from a piece of scrap paper. Then sponged with almost amethyst ink, then perfect plum and with the mask still in place the swirls from "Season of Joy" stampset were placed over the sponging. I swiped my amethyst ink pad around the vanilla cardstock to soften the edges.

This piece of cardstock is adhered to the front panel of the artichoke and folded back in, out of sight. When you open the card you can see the stamped greeting Merry Christmas (this is where you could write your own message) and ...

when you open it up further you can see the gift card envelope stamped with the "short and sweet" very merry stamp and Merry christmas on the folded envelope (I have used the love notes envelope).

You could use it to hold a gift card, or cash, or voucher, or tickets.

I have a little thing for flippy flap fold out type cards at the moment. I will show you another one later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: