Monday, September 28, 2009

Snow Swirled Celery and Eggplant Inspirations

When you look at this photo do you think ... pillows, furniture, relaxation, or Christmas colours?
I know I am just a little different, but I am thinking Christmas colours at the moment ... I see catalogues and I think: what do I like about this picture? Is it the clean white lines, the celery green and purple pillows ... will this work without the chocolate coloured table in it?
If I cover up the pink flowers in the centre does the photo still work?
Then I select a layout that I have been challenging myself to try, mix and match the colours percolating in my head and then put it all together like so.The stampset I have used is called snow swirled (they don't look that Christmassy in purple I guess) but, with a sentiment like : "Season's greetings" you kind of can't really miss the intent. The layout for this card came from MojoMonday week 105. I quite liked the idea of the snowflakes peeking out from underneath the half circles above. It shows the versatility of this stampset and makes a very decorative border.

Card Recipe:
Stampset: Snow swirled
Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Elegant eggplant, Orchid opulence, whisper white.
Ink: Elegant eggplant, Orchid opulence.
Accessories: silver brads, Certainly celery poly-twill ribbon, Circle punches.

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I too think that Xmas cards can be fantastic when they are a little outside the square - Celery and Eggplant are so divine together, so it really works for me.

    Robyn Little

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: