Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Embossed Upsy daisy scrapbook page

I have cleaned up my dining room (aka Nerida's craft table) . . . so in order to finish this scrap book page I had to wait a week, we had visitors and they might have wanted to use the dining table occasionally. So I haven't made a card for days... not that you would notice. I usually make up for a gap in stamping with a flurry of activity and ideas. I've pulled out the embossing powders again ... This time upsy daisy in silver embossing powder matched with the gorgous Designer series paper Urban Garden - I didnt even notice that this image was such a perfect match. But then Stampin' up always have the coordinating paper, stamp, colour ranges available for making a project work. That's why I really like these products.
The title for this page is embossed in white -I have used the quote from Van Gogh - The way to KNOW LIFE is to LOVE many things. (From the dreams du Jour stampset.)It reflects a child's attitude to life , I believe: love everything, be passionate about the simplest things and really enjoy every moment of the present. Be it a garden bed of daisies, an ant hill on the side of a bush track, a lizard sunning itself on a rock, pretending to be an explorer of strange and wondrous places...

What you need to make this page:
Stampsets: Upsy daisy, Dreams du Jour, Gallery.
Cardstock: Baja breeze textured and baja breeze A4 cardstock.
Designer series patterned paper: Urban garden
Ribbon: baja breeze Striped grosgrain.
Other: Versamark ink, silver and white embossing powder, distressing tool, white signo gel pen (for journalling).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: