Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sketch challenge: Parisian Breeze

This sketch challenge is from Inkspirations. It is my first attempt at one of Makeeshabyl's sketch challenges where I actually am playing along. So above is the sketch #13 and below is my challenge entry.
When I saw it I instantly thought squares of textured patterned paper = Parisian Breeze Specialty Designer Series Paper!
Why is it so special you ask?It is double sided, printed on textured, cover-weight cardstock which means it is really thick and tactile - you just want to touch it.I have cut the three squares with my square punch, mounted them on black cardstock and raised them up on dimensionals to give them height. The sketch has has a horizontal strip on the side so I used my Eyelet border punch to make a frilly piece of black lace (I thought it went with the french Parisian theme)... and then wrapped a piece of Pacific Point grosgrain ribbon around the side. Which I have threaded through a styled silver slide for a extra focal point. Materials used:
Ink: Black Stazon
Stampset: Enfrancais Background stamp
Cardstock: Pacific Point, whisper white, Baja Breeze and Basic black.
Designer series Paper: Parisian Breeze
Pacific Point Ribbon
Styled silver hodgepodge ribbon slide
Eyelet border punch
Square punches: 1 1/4", 1 3/8".
Dimensional and snail adhesives.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love the elegance of this card!! So stunning! I love how you've put the eyelet border under your ribbon and the accessorie finishes is off so beautifully - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this card is gorgeous. I love all the blues together, they remind me of the water at Great Keppel Island.
    Sally :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeus interpretation with those colours and added textures, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Nerida! Love the way you adjusted the sketch too. Thanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: