Thursday, April 04, 2013

Masking and the embedded emboss.

Take one paper doily and four butterflies...
This technique is very easy but looks really effective.
In the card above I have masked using a paper doily and some punched butterflies. 
 All you need is a paper doily, a bit of tape (to stick it down temporarily - I just use some snail and touch it with my finger a little to make it less tacky) and use that to hold the doily to the page while I sponge around it. Make sure you get into all the little holes.
When you peel it off you may need to rub the glue off with an eraser.
Next punch out 3 or 4 butterflies and lightly stick them to your cardstock.
Sponge again in different colours.
I have chosen to leave the butterflies in place at the top and bottom - just lifting their wings of the page.
 Lastly, because I love textural embossing, I have run the whole sheet of cardstock through the Big shot machine using the Square Lattice embossing folder.
Two techniques on the one card: masking and embedded embossing.

1 comment:

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: