Patterned Paper, Sticky strip, scrap of whisper white cardstock, crop a dile, Silver hodgepodge, silver brads, ribbon, scissors, cutter, scissors, pen.1. Firstly, you need a tin for the pencil holder. Select a tin with a ring pull tab so that it has no sharp edges at the top to cut little fingers.
2. Remove the label of the can and keep for measuring the size of your paper.
3. Use the label to measure the size and shape of your patterned paper.
4. Add sticky strip to both ends of the Patterned Paper (on the side that will not be showing). Then wrap and secure the paper to the tin with the sticky strip adhesive.
5. Take a piece of Silver Hodgepodge Hardware and bend it slightly around the shape of the can.
Use it as a template to mark where the holes will go on the can. 6. Slide the smaller (1 1/8") hole punch side of the crop-a-dile into the tin can and make a hole where the pen dot was drawn.7. Squeeze gently, the crop a dile cuts through aluminium cans like butter.8. Here is the can with the two holes made in the can.
9. Now attach the hodgepodge label holder with the silver brads onto the can to check the fit.
10. Stamp a word to fit the hodgepodge frame: I have used Enjoy stamp from the Lovely Labels stampset in Stazon black ink. The ribbon is Old Olive wide grosgrain.
This is the basic model - you can decorate it however you like.
Using larger flower brads and a bow on the ribbon as I have at the top of this post.
Aluminium can with ring pull top removed.
Brocade Background DS patterned paper, Silver styled hodgpodge and silver brads, Old Olive ribbon. Whisper white cardstock, black stazon ink.
Stampset: Lovely Labels.Tools: Crop-a-dile, paper trimmer, scissors, Pen.