Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Wicked Birthday card

When a friend turns 50 its a pretty special event. I made this card for her.
The theme for the party was based on the musical "Wicked".
The colours in the stage show are white, black and green.
So that gave me my colours: Old Olive, whisper white and Basic Black.
The story is from the Wizard of Oz before Dorothy arrives to start her journey home.
Hence the Sparkly red shoe in the bottom Left hand corner. I just cut it out of a scrap of Real Red cardstock, used some two way glue pen and a sprinkle of Dazzling Diamonds and instant Wicked witch of the west / Dorothy shoes.
I took photos - but to protect the wicked, and the good...
Here's my Wicked card recipe:
Cardstock: Old Olive, Basic Black, real red,
white Velum cardstock.
Patterned paper: Old Olive
Ink: Whisper white craft.
Stampsets: Happy Everything, Upsy daisy (for birthday).
Tools: Big shot machine,
Die cuts: Top note, Timeless Type alphabet, spotted embossing folder.
Two way glue pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Dimensionals.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: