Monday, May 24, 2010

Stampin' Up Convention 2010

Where do I start? On the 6.20am train from Niagara Park ... and arriving at Darling Harbour before 8.30am!
I met Linda outside Memento Hall, I hadn't even registered yet.
My swaps (all ten of them) were exchanged in a matter of minutes, may I say the swap cards were amazing this year! I'll put up a photo of these a little later.
Here is Shelli (Cofounder and CEO) up on stage in the main auditorium welcoming her 460 + guests to convention 2010 this year:
Our convention bag contained a badge like the image on stage: Inspire, Create, Share and two new stampsets from the next catalogue (due 1st september) and we saw a quick flash of the front page of the new catalogue the colours and samples look fabulous.
 And here are some of the lovely women I shared convention with this year:
Thats me (on the left), Linda, Felicity, Penny, Denise and Gemma having lunch together at our table.
We had so much fun especially during our Make and Take session. Four exciting projects using new stampsets and rub ons and new ribbons too!

Here I am with fellow demo Penny, fueled up on coffee and chocolate - Thats the main stage behind us...
At night we visited a wonderfully delicious Thai Restaurant and watched fireworks from the balcony. I just love fireworks. They're always so exciting... I never quite found out what the fireworks were for but perhaps they were just glad to see us.
The restaurant had this amazing chandelier in the shape of a horse ...
And it being my second SU convention I finally got to meet Shelli and have the obligatory:
 "photo with Shelli moment."
 She is certainly a very gracious and thoughtful person. I particularly like her vintage style cards that she demonstrated up on stage - I am going to be reproducing them to share with you in a very short time.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: