Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Making Peace with the Paper Piecing technique

Paper piecing is the technique for August.
Warning: Paper Piecing requires the use of scissors!
 It requires the cutting of small pieces of paper.
 If you don't have hours to cut around small detailed stamps on patterned paper don't even try this.
Really, if you stamp them first, then sit down in front of the TV while you're cutting, it takes no time at all - its quite peace - ful.
And if you select simple shapes its even easier...
Me, I just like butterflies
The first step, which I didn't photograph, (because this is not a tutorial) is to stamp your background.
I used the Very vintage wheel in kiwi kiss ink, rolled on a diagonal. Then I took my All a flutter butterfly stamp in Old Olive ink and stamped it onto the background a few times.
Taking the same stamp I inked it in black Stazon and stamped it on my patterned paper.
I used the cottage wall and some pink pirouette patterned paper.
Then you cut out the patterned paper and stick the butterflies over the stamped images on your background.
Paper piecing project done.
 That was fun wasn't it?
I made eight of these little Artist trading cards to swap with this month.
No two cards are ever the same. The sentiment says "Bee Happy!"
So that was paper piecing ... now off to try some paper piercing... oww, that might hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: