Sunday, November 26, 2017

Stampin Blends ESAD BLOG HOP


Welcome to Stamping Joy !
As you hop around the list of Blogs today, you will see lots of different ways to use the new Stampin' Blends.
I've chosen to show you the simplest method of colouring with the blends on Designer Series paper.
This "Just add Colour" patterned paper is perfectly designed for colouring.

I love how One sheet of paper can make 6 cards or more.
I cut the paper into pieces of 10cm x 14.5cm card fronts, and a few 2 cm x 14 cm strips.

The "Just add colour" paper has large and small flowers drawn with wide watercolour-like brushstrokes.
On my first card I mainly used Pool party, Cherry cobbler and Daffodil Delight with Old Olive for the leaves. It really is quick to colour as the pens are dual tipped with a wide brush for large areas and fine tipped ends for detail.

You can use them just like textas or coloured markers except they are so much more. When you add the lighter tone to the dark they blend and give you a smooth graduation from one colour to another. This second card I went a little over the top on the embellishments lol!

Take a look at this gorgeous Rich razzleberry "purpleness" !
I started by colouring in with the light shade, then coloured in the shadows with the darker shade.
I blended them together with the lighter shade and finished off on the centre petals with the colour lifter.

With a few of the 2" strips that I cut out of the "just add colour" page, I made book marks.
Then to add some depth I coloured in the background with the Slate Grey Stampin blend.
I think it makes the colours pop just that little bit more!

Out of one single piece of DSP I have made 3 full card fronts, 3 half panel cards and a book mark.

Thanks for stopping by, now hop on over to the next blog and dont forget to leave some comment love along the way.


13 comments:

  1. Wow you rocked this blog hop Nerida. Many thanks for joining us on the hop and for all the time and effort you put into your lovely projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Libby, it was a bit addictive creating all the cards from one sheet and so easy, I just kept going.

      Delete
  2. A nice collection of projects you ended up with. I love one sheet wonder projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy, all of the papers in this pack cut up so nicely into many different cards.

      Delete
  3. Love you have made the most of this DSP Nerida. So many gorgeous projects from one piece! Fabulous colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lou, it was an on going project over several mornings.

      Delete
  4. All these projects are really lovely! Your colouring is awesome x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole, It’s a very good way to practice your colouring technique. And a quick way to get a bundle of cards made.

      Delete
  5. Wow stunning creations. I love them all! I do love that DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Renee! I love matching the Blend colours with our cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an amazing array of projects & a great way to use a sheet of DSP. Looks lovely the way you have coloured it with the Blends xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Nerida - your colouring is awesome! I love this DSP and just a great idea to use it as a one sheet wonder! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to showcase the DSP! Just lovely x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: