Thursday, October 22, 2009

Friendly words

We are still feeding our little noisy minor bird ... every couple of hours. Here he is only a few days after we found him on the first Monday of the school holidays.When I am making cards he is on the floor lookng at me, chirping at me and showing his pretty yellow and grey plumage. So I have made another friends 24/7 card using the markers direct to rubber and coupled it with the friendly words wheel. A portrait of our little bird as he grows.
The Marker Colours I have used are: so saffron, going grey and basic grey for the bird. Chocolate chip and Old olive for the branch he sits on.
I have distressed the edges of the white and chocolate chip card stock mounting with my distressing tool.... it gives a kind of shabby chic look and suits the watercolour effect of the stamping.
The friendly words wheel has a collection of quotes and lines about friendship ...my favourite is
True friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.Materials used:
Stampset: Friends 24/7, Friendly words wheel.
Cardstock: Sahara sand, whisper white, chocolate chip
Ink: chocolate chip.
Markers: so saffron, going grey, basic grey, chocolate chip, old olive close to cocoa.
Ribbon: choc chip taffeta.
Tools: Distressing tool, Circle punches: 1 1/4 ", 1 3/8"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: