Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Emerging Colour or floral riot ...


This technique is called emerging colour ... it is supposed to be a gradual revealing of stamps in different subtle colours, layered under a patterned background stamp.

Well my first attempt, is a little bit busy!

I started with a stampset that will be featuring in the December Summer mini "Live your dream" and added orange flowers and Pink butterfly motifs ... then overstamped with the "Floral" background stamp in versamark and clear embossing powder.

Next step was to sponge the close to cocoa and choc chip ink around the edges of the embossed image ... a softening effect giving texture.

I added perhaps a few too many accents: "Thanks" with butterfly and silver brad, on purely pomegranate silk ribbon.

Purely pomegranate cardstock and scalloped layered circles in whisper white and pumpkin pie. I will do this again but simpler next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: