Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Diary ...

I thought it time I made myself a personalised journal for my up coming dates in 2011... and somewhere to write down what I did and where I was because the memory gets a wee bit cloudy sometimes.
Someone memorable once said:
'If it's not written down it never happened..."
So I pulled out my Idea book and turned to page 94 to CASE (copy and share everything) the note book there.
I pulled out the Love Letter designer paper, (to cut just a few centremetres as a belly band) and just couldn't bear to use just a strip... I wanted to use half the page... And then the ribbon didn't look right down the centre and guess what? It wasn't a case anymore, it became something completly different.
 I used a really cheap student diary ... [Supermarket shelf find] and it comes with a plastic sleave so my stamping and pearls and designer paper are protected for the year.
I guess if I do get tired of it I can whip off the cover and re-cover it (if I get desperate but we know I won't).
Because I used the "Artistic Etchings" Stampset.
The Eiffel Tower, the crown, the keys and the "amour" stamp.
Here's the Recipe:
Student Diary ($2)
Artistic Etchings ($26.95 Clear mounted)
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Suede.
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso
Designer Paper: Love letter ($16.95)
Tools: Paper snips, Sponges, Jewels: Basic Pearls
Small scallop and XL scallop circle punches.
...Now all I need is a book mark and perhaps I could give it some colour with my watercolour crayons.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this Nerida, this is my favourite stamp set. This is the kind of diary you would find in a boutique store and what a great idea to cover an inexpensive diary, these would be great presents to make for Christmas presents. The way you have placed the DSP is so decorative. I am sure you will get comments all year about this when you pull it out to check dates.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: