Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mothers day

I hope you all had a lovely mother's day.
Whether you are a mother or celebrated your mother.
My day started early with gifts from the school Mother's Day stall:
 a beaded wire bracelet, vanilla scented bath salts and a red flower made of feathers!
We made pancakes for breakfast and as punishment for being such a nice mum we played the wii fit for two hours before some lovely hot chicken and vegetable soup.
Here are some of the cards I made for the school M' Day stall.
Finding a simple and repeatable design is the fun part.
 Like using my new stampsets and designer series paper in interesting ways that I haven't tried before.
 On these ones I used the Broadsheet Alphabet to spell "Mum"
 and the Summer Solstice stampset.
Then I had a go with the butterfly in this set and for texture ran it through the vintage wall paper embossing folder and the Big shot. 
 The next one is made with whisper white cardstock
 (also run through the Big shot and vintage wallpaper folder).
But first I stamped it with my favourite stampset ATM:
 "Rue De Fleurs."
I just love the images of the vintage umbrella, flower filled bodice, trumpet and pen.
I used Poppy Parade, Daffodil Delight and Marina Mist in a random stamping pattern.
And on the last one, I have used the A la Carte stamp called "Elizabeth"
 to frame the "Happy Mother's day" on a word window.

1 comment:

  1. It's so nice to hear you had a lovely Mother's Day. Thanks for sharing all those card ideas you came up with for the Mum's. I really need to ink up my Rue De Fleurs stamp set, i love it but am sad to say i have not had a chance to use it. I need to use it know i have seen these cards.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: