Saturday, May 19, 2012

Team challenge

Each month the Inksomniac's team post a stamping, photo inspiration or colour challenge.
This month's challenge was a bowl of curly pasta using the colours: yellow, orange and pink.
 I chose the colours: Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo and Rose Red.
These colours in cardstock are very bright... which gave me pause for thought.
My card uses the "Summer Solstice" flower stamp with markers direct to rubber. I love the detailed texture in this flower and thought it would brighten up the first edition specialty paper without overpowering the background.
 My daughter brought home this gorgeous pink and yellow camelia .... which inspired me to use the big blossom punch as my focal point on the bottom third of the card. Can you pick the centre shape?
It is cut from the Large lace ribbon border punch and I've used the yellow brad from the Square Fire Rhinestones pack.
In the top right hand corner I used the small boho blossom punch flowers scrunched and layered with a yellow brad.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: