Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Simply scored origami gift card holder.

When I saw these demonstrated by Michelle Le Breton recently I was aching to give them a try.
Great way to use all your gorgeous patterned papers to make a substantial and very clever gift folder.
This first one features one piece of 12x12
 "Cheerful treat" patterned paper - from page 9 of the Catalogue.
I made a just for you card to slip in one pocket with the bicycle stamp out of the Autumn mini cat.
My daughter loves this stampset.
She also wrote a note to her aunty to go inside behind the chocolates.
What I love about this cross over folded wallet is that it has numerous pockets for you to put notes, tags and gift cards in.
It easily fits a gift card and an Artist trading card (which you can write a note on the back of), plus T-bags  and a chocolate inside.
I made a another one ... in pink -
 Using some Melon Mambo pink ribbon to decorate it with and then I embellished it with the
 Doily triple layer punch and button dies to make a flower on the front.
And there is a Jelly Bean Brad in the centre 'cause we all love cup cakes...
My tag, that I am tuckng in this one, has the Summer Solstice butterfly and words that say:
"We meet no ordinary people in our lives."
I made all my origami folds using the Simply Scored tool and a bone folder.
Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

  1. I really love this gift. I am always looking for new ways to make projects like this. I love the use of the DSP, gives me even more of an excuse to buy more of it this month. You will have to teach me how to make this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would make gorgeous convention swaps Nerida, nudge nudge! What a great use of DSP. You can really showcase the designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I just found your blog on Blog-Train and I am so happy I did!! Definitely going to follow!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: