Thursday, September 25, 2014

Holiday homes cut out Card

In case you are not aware it is school holidays here. My favourite way to spend a day is with my family just hanging around at home. Perhaps watching a movie if its raining, riding our bicycles if its fine or walking along one of our amazing beaches.
But best of all I like to relax and make some cards at my dining room table.
This is a CASE ( copy and share everything) of a cut out card by "Stamping T" Tanya Bell.
This one features the  Holiday home stampset and framelits but you can make a similar thing with punched shapes like the Festival of trees.
This card is a very simple concept and just needs a steady hand with some multipurpose glue and a ruler to keep it all square. Here's the steps I used to put it together.
I cut a card base at 3.5cm, and 7 cm off the top flap of the card.
Then added a piece of DSP patterned paper to the cut off piece.
I attached the stamped and cut out houses on top to bridge the gap between the card top and bottom. I found Tombow multipurpose liquid glue to be perfect for the job.
I opened the card and turned the card upside down to stick the red bits on the back. This strengthens the card so the houses stay firmly stuck top and bottom.
On the inside panel I placed a white piece of cardstock and stamped a row of lights across the centre.
If you write at the top it won't be seen when the card is closed.
Next step was to add a gold star, heart, Santa's sleigh and merry Christmas, all these stamps are part of the Holiday home stamp set.
And then to colour in the houses with either an aqua painter, stamp'n write markers or Blendabilities.
I've used Real Red, sky blue and Hello Honey markers with my aquapainter on this one.
Just love this set of houses...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: