Thursday, December 03, 2009

Christmas photo cards

Twenty two days left until Christmas ... I haven't posted all the cards out yet! And I was promising to get it all done by last month. Well, atleast I have sent the overseas cards off...
There is very little stamping on this card ... a few punches, scoring and drawing the lines for the baubles but otherwise not too tricky and not too many steps to complete a mass of cards for the friends and relatives who want a Christmas photo.
You can see from the side that I have layered the photo collage between the two layers of the card and punched a hole with my crop a dile through all three layers then tied it with some real red ribbon.You open the card to see the full sheet of photos - my collage of pictures is from different months throughout the year. (You have to love digital photos for this and the program I use is very easy - I did this in less than 20 minutes, promise).
On the first card I did I use a jumbo eyelet to tie the ribbon through, but figured this was an extra step I could do with out. Under the hole I have scored the cardstock so that it folds up neatly to show the photos and the sentiment inside.I have used several sized circle punches: 1 1/4 ", 1 3/8" and 1 3/4" ... why are they in inches? so hard to remember which is larger, and by how much larger.
Any way then I used the cut out red circle as a bauble and placed another white circle on top with the sentiment, layered on a dimensional. All of the cards were differently punched showing different photos, so if the cousins and aunties share notes, they all get a different card... hee hee!

Products I used:
Stampset: Best yet. Ink: Real Red Classic.
Real red cardstock, whisper white cardstock, Real red polka dot ribbon, circle punches, white signo gel pen, crop-a-dile.
Scoring: I used my bone-folder and ruler.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: