Friday, December 11, 2009

Gift card holder

A friend of mine came back from a trip to Japan recently and she gave me a large packet of Japanese Origami papers as a gift. Some of them are hand painted and textured. Not sure what I could make with them at first so I thought I would make some gift card holders, or theatre ticket holders or something with a pocket to tuck a cash gift into. I have used the Real red cardstock with Basic black and whisper white accents. This pocket is just made by folding the cardstock over and gluing with adhesive at the base. The scallop square will hold the ticket or gift card neatly behind it.
I have used the scallop square punch to act as a faux lock on the edge of the card. On the first card I folded the square diagonally and on the other lengthwise. The sentiment "for you" I have mounted on basic black cardstock cut out with the scalloped oval punch. (This is still available to order through me, if you thought you had missed out).

The card is cut from half a piece of A4 cardstock, cut lengthwise and folded in thirds.
The third fold of the card is cut diagonally to form the pocket and a square of patterned paper placed behind. They would also be useful to give a chocolate in, or a fancy flavoured t-bag, or ask me to make one for you with a special stamping Joy gift certificate that your family could give to you.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nerida, I have just peeked at your blog and I must say that I love your work and you're very talented! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: