Sunday, June 06, 2010

Making Baby cards

This is the baby card I made this week.
I've been using Ballet Blue and Almost amethyst for my baby boy cards ...
Actually how I came to be inspired to make this card was because it was my turn to set the challenge for the Inksomniacs over at Team Linda this month.
As you can guess I have a lot of photos, so a photo inspiration was definitely on the cards...
This photo is a french impressionist print I have on my wall (not far from the computer) Monet's water lilies.
 
I love the blues and greens and the touch of pink, yellow and red in the detail of the picture. But mostly I just love the impression of water and flowers floating on the surface.
So, these are my sample cards I made:

Nothing to do with water or waterlilies or greens and pinks ...
But the texture is what I like - the velum semi opaque against the almost amethyst and the ruffled tafetta ribbon on the second card (another technique I learned at Convention) kind of inspired by water.
And do the circles count as lily pad shapes?
Where do you get your inspiration?
I did a girl card too ... with punches which I will show you next time.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: