Friday, June 04, 2010

Shelli's vintage cards...


I really should get a life ... if I am not sick in bed, I am at school, or I'm making cards, or on the computer blogging, looking and thinking about cards.
Its an obsession, no no I'd prefer to call it a kind of passion!!!
So, as I am going away this weekend for a conference (with volunteers not stampers, this time), I thought I'd leave you some gorgous vintage cards made by the talented Shelli Gardner.
I love what she has done with the "Embrace life" stampset, a bit of "En francais" background stamping, a bit of newsprint and some twill.
She has used a flower from the pretties kit and a clear Rhinestone brad on this one. The flourish underneath is a stamp from "frames with a flourish" and the word friends is from "tiny tags" stampset.

This little gift card (above) is done with the Vintage Vogue set and some torn and sanded patterned paper.

Look at these cute cards: the one on the right is spritzed with water before and after stamping the flower, then different blue and kiwi kiss dragon flies are stamped over the top.
This stampset is a hostess only set: organic grace - used this way it looks less botanical and much more watercoloured in effect.
Shelli's vintage style is all about simplicity, tearing, layering and using texture.
What I learnt from her session was that vintage can be anything you want.
I'll show you my vintage cards early next week, see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: