Thursday, September 09, 2010

Artisitic Etchings in Baja breeze and Vintage wallpaper

The new catalogue is just full of new favourite stampsets ... have you guessed this is going to be one of my favourite favourite stampsets - Artistic Etchings.
I have been waiting patiently for my new in-colours so in the meantime the next couple of posts will feature only colours that will be carried over to the new catalogue.
The Eiffel tower, key and crown have been stamped in Stazon black ink (for that rich black look).
And the rest of the inking is in baja breeze on either whisper white or baja breeze cardstock.
But wait there's more, much more:
the Big shot machine is my constant companion now when sitting at my dining room table, or the loungeroom floor, it is often in the boot of my car when I go crafting at friend's.
So the background piece is cut out with my Top note die.
Run through the Big shot using the new Vintage wall paper embossing folder, then...
inked with my baja breeze ink pad
 by just brushing the pad onto the raised portion of the embossed paper.
Cool?  I think so, and there are other ways to get this effect like inking up the embossing folder before you put it through the Big shot rollers.
The Baja breeze layer of the card is collaged with the "En francais" background stamp and another new stampset "Friends never fade" flower.
The Amour stamp is also collaged with that flower and the medallion stamp from Artistic Etchings.
Double mounted on a sizzlets Lots of Tags die and then a simple black wide oval punched backing.
Did you notice the rhinestones?
That's correct Stampin' Up now sell the elegant and sparkly Rhinestones
 and half-backed Pearls that you can attach direct to your project.
They look like jewells and step it up just another level.
I am going to have to exercise great restraint to not attach rhinestones and peals to everything I own.
They come with a sticky dot on the back so you simply peal them off and stick 'em on.
Love it! 150 for $9.50 per pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: