Thursday, May 26, 2011

Inspired by Autumn Leaves

 Inspiration is everywhere ... this is the just newly renovated walkway on our way to the local shops. They've only just laid the new concrete and it's already covered in beautiful Autumn leaves of every colour!
 The Autumn leaves inspire me every day to go home and create something that captures the warmth of early Autumn... most days I havent the time, until I had to make an Artist trading card (ATC) for a crafting group I've joined.
I came up with this using Cherry Cobbler cardstock, old Olive, Soft Suede, Early Espresso and pumpkin pie and then I made two more...
 Until I had nine or was it ten...
 I used the most obvious stampset for this:
 "French Folliage" $31.95 clear mount in the Autumn mini, page 20.
To accentuate the leaf I drew in some of the veins of the leaf with Crystal effects. This is a very strong adhesive that dries clear with a hard lacquered finish.
 Then, I sent them off to Crafters Anonymous ATCs and received back 9 other ATCs all depicting different stamping and papercrafting techniques, styles and stampsets.
ATC's are the perfect size for putting on to the front of a card as the feature image, or for putting in an album to refer back to when you need some inspiration.
Hope these cards bring you some Autumn inspiration too.
 Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I really love these colours and what a great set of new ideas from all those swaps.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: