Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Swallowtail Spotlight effect technique

I came accross this gorgeous idea in my internet travels.
Dont you love that moment when you see a fabulous card idea and can say "Yay I have that stampset!"
The orginal idea came from Dawn Griffith and I just had to have a go at CASEing her design.
Are you familiar with the spotlight technique?
Well this one takes it to a new level.
This is my quick and simple tutorial.
1. Stamp black Stazon ink butterfly on two pieces of whisper white cardstock.
2. Colour one of the images with your coloured Stampin'Write markers.
3. punch out circles in different shapes from the coloured butterfly
4. Stick the circles on to the black and white butterfly being careful to line up the lines on the wings perfectly.
5. I have run my completed butterfly through the Big shot to embed the circles with the cloud Embossing folder (but probably not necessary for the overall effect).
Colours used: Summer starfruit, Calypso Coral, Gumball green, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Wisteria Wonder.
Cardstock:
Primrose Petals, Basic Black and Whisper white.
Stampsets: Swallowtail, Vintage Verses.
What do you think? Something you'd like to try?
Like to party during February?

1 comment:

  1. This technique is a big WOW, cannot wait to try this and now I wish I had this butterfly stamp. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: