Thursday, November 14, 2013

A card sketch-challenge

A challenge is what I need sometimes to get the creative juices flowing.
Our stamping up team has a challenge this month and it is as simple as turning to page 125 in the Annual stampin' up! catalogue and choosing a card on that page. Then taking the layout of the card copy it, or use it as inspiration, to make your own card.
This is my interpretation of the right hand card from this page.
Instead of slate grey, white and green I changed up the colours to Real Red, white and silver.
Instead of a circle punched hole on my flag I punched a large oval and filled it with a mosaic punched shape rather than a star. The background piece is blotted with my Real red ink pad onto the naturals Specialty paper. This is a great patterned paper as the details are already clear embossed for you.
Lastly, the real red layer was embossed using the big shot plus a few punched silver foil stars and a stamped "Wishing you a Merry Christmas."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: