Friday, June 13, 2014

When you mix the new with old favourites you get?

Some of my favourite flower stamps are going, or not going to make the new catalogue. 
Ones like Secret Garden and Fabulous Florets that are designed for water colouring, scattering and combining in bunches.
I have chosen to make a larger size card using the naturals specialty paper which has clear embossed patterns on it. A technique that Shelli demonstrated on stage at Convention is to paint white craft ink with a blender pen over stamped flowers.
So that's how I painted my background card then stamped several Secret Garden flowers on white card ( using new Memento black ink).
The other new technique is using blendabilites in gorgeous Rich Razzleberry tones.
On the inside I have stamped a few new stamps in the corner, combined with retiring En Francais with some cut out Fabulous Floret flowers.
Then as I was inspired to create even more flowers I made a matching bookmark.
Where will I go when I need a classic French script when "En francais" is gone?
Retiring products:
- Secret Garden
- Fabulous Florets
- Natural composition specialty papers
- En francais background
The retiring stamps list can be found here:
http://www3.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ItemList.aspx?categoryid=977

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: