Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy thoughts ... Smile






This is a card I made as a response to a challenge put out by Linda Higgins a while ago, and as it is fairly simple and hasn't seen the light of day, I thought i would share it here, because i can!








The smile stamp is from "Be Happy" stampset and the embossed silver panel is the "So Swirly" Wheel, stamped with Versamark ink and embossed in silver embossing powder.

The little flowers are from Think Happy thoughts stampset, cut out and held inplace with silver brads for that added silver bling.

And the ribbon and matching cardstock is Certainly celery.

Inks: Orchid Opulence, elegant eggplant and Versamark.

Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Cetainly Celery and Whisper white.

I enjoyed myself putting this card together having the Layout given to me by the challenge takes out the heartbreak of deciding where to start and what to put where.



While i am here i have loaded another photo from the pictures i took at the regional training conference at Darling Harbour.



I only know Linda, personally but feel as if i know each of the others as i frequent their blogs and websites so, frequently.


Tomorrow i might even post a card featuring a technique from one of the demonstrations on the day ...



In the meantime, here is my amethyst and black collection.
A very detailed little card experimenting with the scallop punch and DS papers, I think i even coloured the white oganza ribbon with amethyst ink so it blended in.

I put the notebook cover together with scraps from other projects: The Cherish stamp is from the Baroque Motifs stampset. Bonjour from Carte Postale and Happy thoughts being embossed in silver and matted with the scallop punched amethyst and black cardstock.

And then i made a matching little box to keep my "Love notes" cards and envelopes in.

Think happy thoughts is kind of my quote for the day, and for my life at the moment ... no matter what is happening good or not so good I focus on what I am thankful for at the moment and put aside the rest ... well, it works for me.







1 comment:

  1. I love the Happy Thoughts - Smile card. The colours work so well together and the little 3D flowers just add the perfect touch! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: