Saturday, September 27, 2008

Season of Joy in September




The spring mini catalogue finishes at the end of November, the beautiful season of Joy stampset has been very popular and I am really enjoying experimenting with different colour combinations:

These two are made with Always Artichoke and Purely Pomegranate cardstock and ribbon. The white is confetti white.


To make this first card I pulled out my embossing materials: stamped the "season of Joy" with versamark and coated it in silver emboss powder before heating it to make a very shiny back ground.



I stamped the Merry christmas and tree with the versamark and embossed again.

Then punched them out with the large oval punch and 1 1/4" circle punch, embossed the edges of the circle and adhered them with dimensionals over the purely pomegranate silk ribbon ... oh, and I used a scallop punch in there too. Added some silver cord to the top of the circle to look as if it its tied there with the bow.


On my second card I stamped the "Season of Joy" word stamp on confetti white with pomegranate ink and again on another scrap of confetti with always artichoke ink .


I Cut out the words from the artichoke piece and popped them up with dimensional tape to lift them up over the top of the purely pomegranate stamped piece.


This time I decorated it with artichoke grosgrain ribbon with a little star brad from the silver hodgepodge kit.


To fnish it off I couldn't help but add a bit of 2-way glue pen and sprinkled it with dazzling diamonds .


I really like the layers and textures you can build up with stampin' up products on a card.


Here it is from a slightly different angle showing you the gorgous little star brad on the ribbon.

Dont you just love that purely pomegranate background paper it is lying on?

I actually am in the process of making a card with the paper pack .... Holiday Harmony 12x12 Double sided paper pack.

1 comment:

  1. How nice are those Chrissy cards?? Just gorgeous Nerida. Love the gold embossing on the Artichoke :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: