Friday, August 07, 2009

Great friend, sketch challenge card for you

I made this card up for the August Elite challenge http://elitechallenges.wordpress.com/
The Sketch challenge SC24 was to use the layout design from page 22 of the Spring mini catalogue. And the stampset challenge was: Great friend.
I do like to kill a couple of birds with one stone... an attempt at being economical with time and effort.
I just adore this little butterfly ... so pretty and not the usual biology specimen image.
I have used basic black cardstock for the base, used a strip of kiwi kiss (paper pierced using my matt pack and sharp scary tailor's awl). Then stamped the Inspired by Nature grass. On a separate sheet of whisper white I rock and rolled the butterflies in pink pirouette, then rose red inks, cut them out and stuck them on with double sided tape in such a way that I could fold the wings upwards so that they look like they are lifting from the page.
The gorgous regal rose flower brad is from the new spring mini (they come in a mixed box of choc chip, pumpkin pie and so saffron too). I've stamped the for you sentiment in black and put all the layers up on dimensionals. Quite a quick simple card for an evenings work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: