Saturday, August 08, 2009

Forest friend birthday celebration

I wasn't sure how to use this set at first ... yet, it is so sweet: it is now my new baby and children's birthday set. I think the tree could be used in a number of ways without the animal friends, too. I like this layout because it is so simple. Kiwi kiss goes beautifully with chocolate chip and kraft in my opinion. The tree is inked in kiwi kiss, then with a marker I coloured the rubber in close to cocoa. After I stamped the tree I used the marker again to blend in the branchesfor a more tree bark effect. Then swiped the kiwi kiss ink pad around the edges of the cardstock, more at the base to simulate grassy hills behind the tree.
The "bambi" is cut out and raised above the other layers. The birthday Celebrations sentiment is cut out with the new scalloped oval punch and adhered with dimensionals.

Materials:
Stampsets: Forest friends, upsy daisy (sentiment)
Ink: Kiwi kiss, chocolate chip
Marker: close to cocoa
Cardstock: Chocoate chip, kiwi kiss, whisper white.
Other: kraft tafettaRibbo, Scallop Oval punch, Dimensionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: