Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sense of time - embossing resist

Its wet raining and very grey outside, I had plans of going out, but the traffic and wet roads has put me off the idea.
Well, that means more time to share my latest creations with you...This is the lovely stampset: Sense of time. It lends itself beautifully to experimenting with embossing, sponging, and collage effects. I have stamped all of these clock faces with versamark and clear embossing powder onto whisper white cardstock. then used my sponge daubers in a variety of coloured inks to give a kind of vintage clock face look. On the first ones I used pink pirouette with creamy caramel and close to cocoa ink. The next two have centres of kiwi kiss, with creamy caramel and close to cocoa. These two are a mixture of the above and to blend the colours I spritzed them lightly with water to let the colours blend on the paper, blotting them dry with paper towel. I sponged the edges with choc chip ink for some extra definition. Once finished I over stamped with the background stamp Tres Chic. It gives a collage effect and I like how the word family and inspiration runs across each face ... creating family time.

2 comments:

  1. I had to have this set when i saw it and ordered it straight away but i have not used it yet as i had lost motivation but now i can see it in a different light, really like what you have done, Nerida, thanks, will have to ink it up and have a play. Felicity.H.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: