Wednesday, August 05, 2009

No Fear of the Trendy trees

I finally caved in and bought the trendy trees stamping wheel. I already had the stampset (free from Convention) but I hadn't used it much because it usually involves lining it up with the stamp-a-ma-jig and I wanted to do that neat line of trees on a scrapbook page...
I just knew if I bought the matching wheel I would start using the whole stampset and it worked.
I couldn't put the wheel away ... I plan to use it to make wrapping paper and all sorts of things.
Here are the trees at the bottom, I have used markers direct to the rubber stamp. A very easy technique, a bit like colouring in with pencils (or markers) onto the rubber, breathe loudly on the rubber and stamp it onto your paper.
I have used colours matching the photos: pretty in pink, pink pirouette, so saffron, almost amethyst, ballet blue, and old Olive.
Next I created a journalling box with my new stampset: Gallery (from the new spring mini). I stamped another three of the trees with the markers and mounted them on the square scallop punch. I mounted them up on dimensionals for impact, like little pictures of trees on a wall.

The title "No Fear" is stamped in Lovely letters alphabet in kiwi kiss ink, rolled into old olive ink.
My little Jess has no fear it seems, when it comes to roller blading down the steepest hill in our suburb, her dad showed her how to zig zag down the hill sideways and that was it. I am so glad she doesn't have a billy cart (at least not yet)!

Materials used:

Stamps: Trendy trees, Trendy trees wheel, Lovely letters alphabet, gallery.
Cardstock: Textured 12x12 pink pirouette and kiwi kiss. Whisper white.
Ink: kiwi kiss, Old olive.
Stampin' Up Markers: Old olive, pretty in pink, so saffron, almost amethyst, ballet blue.
Accessories: Square scallop punch, stamp-a-ma-jig, dimensionals adhesive, snail adhesive, Signo white gel pen, old olive ink cartridge for the wheel handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: