Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Noisy Minah scrapbook page


These photos were taken during the School holidays in October - this little bird became the focus of my  daughters holiday for about 2-3 weeks until it grew flight feathers and eventually flew away. The people at WIRES were great, told us about the habits of noisy minah families, feeding, and how to gradually release him (or her) back to the wild. It was a few weeks of intensive feeding, cleaning, flight training and observation but it paid off in the end when he made his own way in the local community of noisy minahs.

I have used the outline alphabet on this page for the title. I am so glad this alphabet is on special at the moment, a perfect set for scrapbookers.

I have used the Parisian breeze cover weight DS Paper for both the background and the title which I have paper pieced (which means: stamped from a separate piece then, cut out).

The date is also stamped (and handwritten using markers) onto the Designer series paper, matted in close to cocoa and a designer button (Playground) attached with a Mini glue dot.

 Ive used the double stitched chocolate chip ribbon. Now the journalling because I am a very messy writer, is done on discreetly stamped journalling lines ... I first stamp the lines in versamark ink on the close to cocoa cardstock then write my words in chocolate chip marker following the lines as a guide.

You can hardly see them once you punch out the circle with the 1 3/4" circle punch.
I mounted the central photo on close to cocoa cardstock to emphasise it and kept the colours close to those in the photos : baja breeze to match his grey plumage, brown to match my daughters hair and cardboard box and more mustard to match the birdie's beak, which was nearly always open unless he was a sleep.Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: