Saturday, January 02, 2010

Journey ... scrapbook page

Do you remember I posted this 6"x6" scrapbook page that I completed at the Regional Training Day? Well I thought I would show you the finished scrapbook page after I added a few more photos and ribbon.

When I added my photo of my daughter playing at the edge of the water I decided I would need to add some of the colours from her swimming costume to make it suit the page. The kraft cardstock matched the sand OK, so the pink corner scallops and scalloped edge brought the colour elements together.


I liked the idea of the three scallop squares down the side for the felt flower, button and the wheeled pattern with the heart. The last one is just big enough to add a few journalling details like the date and place.

I have wheeled the retro wheel down the left hand side beside a piece of Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.
I like how it has a scattering of starbursts, hearts and leaves with dotted swirls between them.
And in my opinion a scrapbooking page can never have too many butterflies so I stamped some butterflies, cut them out and added them on to flowers, hearts and a dotted white line for decorative effect.

Stampsets used: Hello again, Retro wheel, Life Definitions, alphabet.
Inks: Chocolate chip, Rose red, Old Olive.
Cardstock: Old Olive (textured), chocolate chip, pink passion, rose red, whisper white.
Tools: Square scallop, scallop edge, white singo gel pen, Designer series buttons, silver brads, Felt fusion flowers and Old Olive grosgrain ribbon.
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, so let me know your thoughts: